Add or change assignment availability and due dates to restrict student access. Assignments include high-stakes graded assignments such as quizzes, often labeled Checkpoints, and some other assignments that appear in the Gradebook including My Response. Checkpoints are the most common type of graded assignment.
Start at the Manage Course page.
- Choose Schedule course materials.
- Click Update at the bottom to access the Schedule Course grid.
- Click the Available now link then click Change scheduled dates.
- Fill in available and due dates and times.
Entering only an available date and leaving the due date blank sets the date when the assignment is available and leaves it open for the duration of the course.
Entering only a due date and leaving the available date blank leaves the assignment available until the due date.
Note: Change the default end time of 12:01 AM to 11:59 PM of the due date or the quiz will close one minute after midnight of the due date, one minute into the day of the due date instead of midnight of the due date.
- Delete the contents of a date field to clear a date.
- Click Update to save the changes.
- Close the Schedule Activity window by clicking the X in the upper right corner.
- Repeat steps 3 through 7 as needed for each assignment requiring scheduling.
MANAGE COURSE PAGE
SCHEDULE COURSE PAGE AND GRID
SCHEDULE ACTIVITY WINDOWS