OLI accepts two forms of payment: credit card or OLI Payment Code, which some schools sell in the campus bookstore for students who purchase their class materials with financial aid. The choice between credit card and OLI Payment Code is available during the payment process of your course registration. Only one payment form is needed. If your bookstore doesn't carry OLI Payment Codes, you must use a credit card.
OLI Payment Code:
- OLI Payment Codes are used like a gift card, by entering the code as a form of payment.
- OLI Payment Codes may be available at your campus bookstore. Consult your class syllabus, your instructor, or the bookstore staff.
- Enter your OLI Payment Code in the corresponding field when you're prompted for payment during your OLI course registration process. Click the PAY BY PAYMENT CODE button to complete the transaction.
- You will receive a confirmation email of your successful OLI Payment Code redemption.
- For refunds, please consult your bookstore. OLI cannot process student refund requests for OLI Purchase Codes.
- We accept credit, debit, and prepaid credit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo; we do not accept American Express or Discover.
- Use an active card (not expired) drawn from either a U.S. or an international bank.
- Be careful when entering the CVV code (Card Verification Value; also known as CSV: Card Security Code). The CVV code is the three-digit number to the right of your signature on the back of the card.
- Use the card's billing address. This may be different from your current address, especially if you're a student living away from home.
- If you are using a friend or family member's card, notify that person of the transaction; a disputed charge will interrupt your access and require you start the transaction again.
- The credit card processor will decline your transaction if the name, billing address or CVV are different from your bank's records.
- When attempting a transaction, the credit card processor places a temporary hold on the funds — even if your transaction is declined. This is not controlled by OLI, and the funds will be released in 1-3 days.
- If you receive a message on-screen about a problem with the transaction, you will still see the pending, temporary hold on your funds when you review your bank transactions. The OLI message about a problem with your transaction is genuine, and you will not have access to your OLI course until a successful payment is made.
- Additional currency exchange or international transaction fees may apply to transactions involving a foreign bank and are not included in the price of the course.
- All charges are in US dollars.
- Pending transactions do not mean that funds have been transferred. Most transactions take effect or clear within a few days.
If your transaction is declined by the credit card processor, OLI doesn't know the reason. Please consult the bank that issues your credit card for more information about the rejection.
How to avoid a declined transaction:
- Be sure the name, billing address, and CVV match the information the credit card bank has.
- Ensure all names and places are spelled correctly, and that street numbers and zip codes are correct.
- Use a card with sufficient funds available.
- Do not use a card if a new card has been issued to replace it; the original card is usually canceled by the bank in these cases.
- For cards with a billing address outside the U.S., enter the required street address and city and optional zip/postal code in the appropriate fields. However, leave the State field blank. Select the correct country from the drop-down list provided and continue to process the transaction as usual.
OLI will refund your credit card payment for any reason, within 30 days of the payment date or before the drop/add date at your institution, whichever is earlier.
To request a refund, click the "Help" link at the top of any course page. Please retrieve your purchase reference number from your confirmation email, and include your name, your OLI account ID, and the name that appears on the credit card if it's different from yours. Once a refund has been issued, your access to the OLI course will be suspended and your instructor will not be able to see any work you've done or scores you've recorded.
Please allow 3 business days for refunds to post to your account.
OLI cannot provide refunds for OLI Purchase Codes, because students buy them at a campus bookstore, not from OLI. Please consult your bookstore for its refund policy.