Ensure your Moodle admin has added OLI as an External Tool
By now, your Moodle admin should have completed the steps in this article, and added OLI as an External Tool to your Moodle system.
Add OLI Link to Moodle Course (Instructors)
- Enter your Moodle course and click the "Turn editing on" button at the top right.
- Locate where you would like to add a link to your OLI course. Click "+ Add an activity or resource."
- Select the "External Tool" activity. Press "Add."
- Title the link in the Activity Name field. You may enter whatever you like.
- For the Launch URL enter: https://oli.cmu.edu/jcourse/webui/basiclti.do
NOTE: If the domain where you access OLI is different than oli.cmu.edu, then edit the Launch URL to contain the correct portal. For example, if you access OLI at k12.oli.cmu.edu, add K12 before .oli in the Launch URL. Other domains include suny.oli.cmu.edu, lumen.oli.cmu.edu, kth.oli.cmu.edu, community.oli.cmu.edu.
- Click "Save and return to course."
View and configure the OLI link to a specific OLI course section
- Click the link to OLI.
NOTE: You must click the link as an instructor in the LMS course section.
- Enter your unique OLI course key (selected when creating the course in Course Builder), OLI Account ID and Password.
NOTE: If the course has not been created at oli.cmu.edu, click Yes, let's get started to enter Course Builder now and create the OLI course section.
- Click CONTINUE to complete the link to the OLI course section.
When finished, the Moodle link will point students directly to the instructor’s content without any need to sign-in.