Ensure your Blackboard admin has added OLI as an External Tool Provider
By now, your Blackboard admin should have completed the steps in this article, and added OLI as an External Tool Provider to your Blackboard system.
Add OLI Link to Blackboard Section (Instructors)
Once the Tool Provider Domain is configured, instructors can link from their Blackboard course to their OLI course. To set up a link:
- In edit mode, select Web Link under Build Content. NOTE: Your Blackboard installation may look different.
- Enter a name for the link. This can be anything you like, e.g. "OLI Course: Statistical Reasoning."
- For the URL, enter: https://oli.cmu.edu/jcourse/webui/basiclti.do
NOTE: If your launch url is different from what's specified in the OLI Integration Details sent to your LMS Administrator, please use the correct launch URL. Examples include https://community.oli.cmu.edu/jcourse/webui/basiclti.do or
- Check the box labeled “This link is to a Tool Provider.”
- Under options, change “Open in New Window” to “Yes.”
- Press OK to add the link.