This article helps academic students whose teachers have assigned OLI materials.
If your class uses an OLI course but your teacher did not give you a course key, then you probably access your OLI course from within your school's or your company's Learning Management System, which is a website where you sign in to access all your class materials. If your instructor gave you a COURSE KEY, use these instructions instead.
School LMS access (single sign-on):
If your OLI course has a single sign-on link on your school's class-hosting LMS, just click the link provided by your instructor. OLI automatically assigns you a new account based on your LMS profile, and registers you for the course your instructor is teaching.
- Click the OLI single sign-on link your instructor provided.
- Confirm your name and email address.
- Submit payment if required. Choose the grace period option if available to access the course materials for a time without paying. Payment can be entered at any time during or after the grace period to access the course and work.
- Return anytime by using the same link in your class.
NOTE: Do not create a bookmark, because it may not work if you're not signed in to your school's LMS. Single sign-on requires you to be signed in to your school's LMS for it to work.
If your instructors asks you to access OLI from a link in your school's system, you cannot access the course at oli.cmu.edu, you do not have an OLI Account ID that will access your course, and you do not have a password to reset.
- If clicking the link to your OLI course from your school's system prompts you for an account and password, please try the following:
- Close and reopen your browser, navigate to your school's system, click the link set up by your instructor.
- Try a new browser or another device.
2. If you encounter an error, please email the wording of the error (and an image/screenshot if possible) to
email@example.com for assistance.